A Trusted Space

Dear USC Rossier Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni, and Friends,

Earlier this month I told many of you about the new PBS documentary film, A Trusted Space, in which Profs. Mary Helen Immordino-Yang, Alan Arkatov, and I participated along with many other experts, teachers, parents, and students. This important social and emotional learning (SEL) documentary and accompanying curriculum guide offer tools to assist students and teachers in dealing with anxiety, grief, and trauma in a year in which school and daily life have been disrupted. You can learn more about the film and view the trailer here.

The documentary’s national PBS premiere will be right here in Los Angeles, providing us a nice break from all of the political noise on the evening before Election Day: Monday, November 2nd, 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. PT, on PBS station KLCS. The station is broadcast over-the-air on Channel 58, or you can find KLCS for your location and carrier here.

I encourage you all to tune in and then, immediately afterward at 6:00 p.m. PT, join a live, 30-minute virtual discussion and Q&A with me, Mary Helen, Alan, producer Lori Woodley, and additional frontline SEL leaders. Register here for this special event; a Zoom link will be sent to you. I hope to see you there.

Fight On!

Sincerely,

Pedro A. Noguera, Ph.D.

Emery Stoops and Joyce King Stoops Dean

USC Rossier School of Education

Posted in Events.